If you’re a subcontractor in the construction industry you’re likely to be registered under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) which means 20% is automatically deducted from your pay (30% if you’re not registered). You probably already knew that. But did you know that any expenses, such as petrol and work clothing, can be offset against tax payable? Or that your tax-free personal allowance won’t have been taken into account?

That means you could be owed a nice little rebate.

If you’re a CIS registered subcontractor and think you may be paying too much tax, let me deal with your Self Assessment for you. Ensuring your return is correctly filled in could make a sizeable difference to the rebate you receive. The process couldn’t be simpler. 


You’ll be sent a stamped addressed envelope to post me all your relevant paperwork and I’ll take it from there. I’ll work out the figures and submit your return to help you get any rebate you’re owed as quickly as possible.

Even better – my fee comes out of your rebate so there’s nothing to pay upfront!